The Pack Leader
by Serban, Quartermaster @ The Guild Hall
April 14, 2020
And, a little while ago, it finally became fun. We received the official Artificer. In all fairness, we had the UA version for a while, but that just didn’t garner my interest. Well, when I looked at the Artificer, I had a mad idea: What if I paired the Battle Smith with the Beast Conclave Ranger? Yeah, you heard it.
Tips & Tricks
- Unlike other rangers, you also have cantrips, because of your Artificer roots.
- Want advantage? Your pets can flank for each other!
- Duel wielding is not the way to go, as you’ll miss out on Defender attacks
- Speaking of attacks, make them even better with Hunter’s Mark
- Don’t be afraid to get a few support/situational spells, because your damage is high enough without them
- If you’re feeling lucky, talk to your DM about allowing some features, such as Beast’s Defense, to carry over to both pets!
- Have fun!