Current job openings
Board Games Sales Assistant & Content Writer
The Guild Hall is looking for a team member! Could it be you?
If you have not been able to visit us so far or you want to find out more about us, you can visit our website here, and check out the 3D tour of the space, here
We would be delighted to meet you and welcome you into our team if you think you fit all (or most of) the points below:
– You’re thinking about staying with us in the long run
– You are a friendly person and love interacting with people – this is a must!
– You have a positive attitude, you like to work with customers and you are willing to answer any questions they might have
– You want to help those who visit us find the perfect board game for them or their friends
– You are fond of tabletop/social games, and you are willing to teach others the rules of the games in our collection
– You are able to help with daily shop operations (sales, reservations, supplier orders, social media, etc.)
– You want to use your creativity to promote the store and your favorite games
– You love creative writing (you’ve written articles, social media posts, or any other creative works in English and/or Romanian), and you can easily write both complex and concise texts
– You can thoroughly research any new topic you write about, focus on correct grammar and spelling, and frequently double-check your written work before you post/publish it
– You are used to working with different computer programs (e.g. Microsoft Office), surfing the internet, and using social media
– You speak English (advanced level) and Romanian (native)
– You know how to organize your tasks and time efficiently
– You pay attention to details
– Prior sales and/or marketing experience is an advantage, but it is not mandatory
– Prior writing experience is most welcome, see below for details
– You will need to know our services and offers in order to be able to answer customer questions
– You will learn more about the world of board games and you will be up to date with the latest news in the field to be able to explain and recommend to customers what to play/buy
– You will have to welcome customers, help them with game recommendations, collect their products and find the right product for them
– You will often write creative texts for our Social Media channels (in both English and Romanian), informative product descriptions for the games in our online shop, articles about games, and the tabletop hobby for our blog
– You will work with certain computer backend software focusing on stock management, sales, online shop, reservations, etc.
– You will be handling suppliers orders, preorders, stock checks
– You’ll help manage the physical (point-of-sale process) and online shop (product & order management)
– You’ll help organize regular in-store game events (meetups, competitions)
🎲 MORE INFO:
Location: Samuil Micu 4, Cluj-Napoca
Position: Board Games Sales Assistant & Content Writer
Contract type: Full-time, on location
Schedule: We’re usually open Mon-Fri 10-22, Sat-Sun 14-22 – so you’ll be rotating in shifts (mornings, afternoons, weekends) along the rest of the team; any active pandemic restrictions might influence our schedule a bit.
If you meet the requirements listed above, you can apply by sending us your resume AND a letter of intent, as well as any samples of other texts you’ve written so far. You can send your letter of intent and (links to) sample texts to us by email (), or you can bring them directly to us at the shop – str. Samuil Micu 4, Cluj-Napoca. Candidates who send these in will be prioritized.
Board Games Sales Assistant
Join the team
To apply send us an email with your CV and cover letter