- This event has passed.
DM Meetup – 2nd Edition
2018-12-08 @ 12:00 - 22:00
An event every day that begins at 12:00, repeating until 2018-12-09
Beloved Role-Play Community
We proudly announce the second edition of this wonderful event that will take place in Cluj-Napoca. The first edition managed to bring together more than 50 people who, under the stern supervision of the Dungeon Masters, had a most wonderful time playing various game systems.
It is now time to do this again in the festive setting of the month of December and enjoy again hours and hours of great game play and fantastic company.
The second edition will be hosted by the amazing new place in town – The Guild Hall – where we will be able to accommodate in comfort over 100 people.
What will happen? How does this work? What can I expect?
– Any willing Dungeon or Game Master is more than welcome to announce his intention of running a self contained session of Role-Play. We accept any game system. The DM will have to announce a game system, edition, number of places available at this table and his preferences on what kind of players he wants. In the interest of time, the DM will be providing pregenerated characters for those at the table and all the necessary info and accessories for his players.
Send a private message on Facebook and we will make the necessary arrangements.
– Any willing Players will be able to look over the list of announced DMs and game systems and choose a spot at one of the tables. Announce your presence and I will assign a spot officially so its reserved for you. Do this by a private message so we are sure we don’t miss anyone. You will be provided with everything you need to play the game by your DM (pregenerated characters, dice, miniatures, maps and terrain or whatever else is necessary to play the game).
What will the DMs Guild do for me as a DM?
– The DMs Guild feels right at home in the grand halls of the Guild Hall so we will offer as much support as we can. What can you expect:
– Printed maps (hundreds to choose from and laminated so you can write on them with dry erase markers).
– 3D Terrain. We have a large selection of terrain that you can use, starting from trees, dungeon tiles, various interior and exterior accessories and terrain pieces.
– Miniatures of all kinds and shapes, painted or prepainted, official and unofficial.
– For those who prefer to run things in an electronic format we can offer access to a full version of D&D Beyond for use at the event.
– Access to physical materials like rules and adventure manuals.
– We can print for you whatever notes or character sheet you need.
ATTENTION! – In order to have a smooth operation you will need to announce ahead of time what you need and will use so we can take care of things in a timely fashion
We want this to be a memorable experience so feel free to contact me for any problems and any needs so we can solve them and make your session a breeze.
For those who will attend from other cites we will soon post a list of cheap but comfortable places where you can spend the night and a map on how to reach us :).
ENTRY FEE: The Guild Hall will offer us a huge discount on Day Passes for this event so instead of 40 lei the entire day spent at the Hall will be only 20 lei per person. Included in this you have free access to a large variety of Hot drinks and water.
We are also free to order food from anywhere or take a break and go eat somewhere near (the Hall is situated in the center of the city with easy access to a lot of food options). For a quick snack there is a vending machine on site with a very good selection of foods and drinks.
Thank you all and can’t wait to see you again 🙂
– Raul –