by Serban, Quartermaster @ The Guild Hall
April 7, 2020
This divination-centered, constellation-obsessed nature boy stole my heart away. First of all, you receive a star-map, allowing you to Guiding Bolt your opponents into the grave. Then, the best feature comes to you at 2nd level, with your Starry Form. This gives you new options for your Wild Shape, turning you into one of three constellations: Dragon, Archer or Chalice. All three of these are very powerful.
Seeing this stargazing cosmos druid, my mind wondered to one of my all-time favorite DM annoyances: The School of Divination Wizard.
P.S. Bonus points for casting conjuration spells and making your pets be constellations.
Another possible path is leaning into your wizarding roots for a wider spell list, but less utility. I personally dislike this version, as it makes you squishier and there are not that many spells I find to be that important.
Tips & Tricks
- If you want to conjure those constellation beasties I talked about, consider entering your Dragon before, in order to ensure you don’t lose control of them.
- In a fight with multiple small threats, the Archer will be a constant source of damage, requiring only a bonus action.
- If there is a rush to heal multiple allies, using your action to activate Chalice and then using healing word will heal multiple allies, as well as provide more healing later on.
- Facing a powerful shapeshifter? Use Moonbeam and Portent in a combo to confirm their failure!
- Chalice also benefits from multiple smaller heals, rather than large ones. Consider that.
- Your Guiding Bolts from Star Map do A LOT of damage. Don’t waste them.
- Using both Portent and Cosmic Omen, you can heavily sway a dice roll. Your barbarian is readying a heavy attack? Not only can you give him whatever dice roll you want, it’ll also get a d6!
Read more from the blog
D&D supplements All DMs Need
If you want to make your DMing life better, there is nothing better in the world than these supplements. All of them will make your game amazing!
Dungeons and Dragons Gift Guide
Searching for the perfect gift for your friend who’s into DnD? Here’s your ultimate Dungeons and Dragons Gift Guide with a wide range of products & different price points!
Build-a-Blast: The Naturesong
In this issue of Build-a-Blast, we will teach you how to create a survivability machine, ensuring you will never be at the mercy of death saves ever again.